Flavor Profile: Sweet, juicy, subdued flavor, an international favorite
The sweet crunch of the classic Red Delicious apple makes it particularly well suited to fresh uses. The bold color of the skin contributes a striking contrast to other ingredients as well, particularly sliced to add to a green salad or chopped to stir into a chicken salad or coleslaw. Fresh bright flavors such as ginger, chives, and mint go well with Red Delicious apples, while the complex sweetness of honey compliments the apple well, too.
- Top slices of Red Delicious apple with a blend of cream cheese, finely chopped walnuts, minced chives and blue cheese for a great cocktail nibble.
- Stir chopped Red Delicious apple and honey into oatmeal.
- Toss sliced Red Delicious apples with sliced endive, sprigs of watercress and an apple cider-ginger vinaigrette dressing.
Apple Growing Regions
- Autumn Glory December - March
- Braeburn September - June
- Cameo October - June
- Cripps Pink November - May
- Fuji January - December
- Gala January - December
- Golden Delicious January - December
- Granny Smith January - December
- Honeycrisp October - March
- Jonagold September - June
- Red Delicious January - December