Flavor Profile: Moderately sweet with honeydew melon character, well balanced with slight tartness, smooth texture.
This apple has a moderate sweetness that plays well off flavors on both the savory and sweet side of the scale. It has a fruity, particularly melon-like character that makes it an ideal addition to fresh fruit salads that include orange and honeydew. For more savory applications, Italian-style sausage, bacon, ham and other pork products pair well with Jonagold apples.
The flavors of the Jonagold apple pair nicely with white wines such as Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling and Chardonnay.
- Add thin slices of Jonagold apple to a spinach salad tossed with a warm bacon dressing
- Embellish your next chicken salad (made simply with diced chicken, celery and mayonnaise)
- Add chopped Jonagold apple to stuffing mix (diced bread, onion, minced sage, sausage, chicken broth) to accompany your holiday turkey or other poultry.
Apple Growing Regions
- Autumn Glory December - March
- Braeburn September - June
- Cameo October - June
- Cripps Pink November - May
- Fuji January - December
- Gala January - December
- Golden Delicious January - December
- Granny Smith January - December
- Honeycrisp October - March
- Jonagold September - June
- Red Delicious January - December