Flavor Profile: Fresh and floral, with a slight tart finish, firm texture.
There is a floral freshness and moderate sweetness to the Golden Delicious apple that makes it a great choice to accompany flavors that are neither very sweet nor very tart. It is a quintessential apple pie apple, to which you might consider adding chopped hazelnuts for a wonderful contrast of flavor and texture. This apple loves the warm flavors of spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and allspice.
- Add chopped Golden Delicious apple to bread pudding for dessert, adding a couple dashes of cinnamon and nutmeg to the mixture.
- Sauté slices of Golden Delicious apple with butter and maple syrup to serve over pancakes or waffles.
- Braise wedges of Golden Delicious with chicken or turkey sausages, sliced onions and apple cider for a hearty main course.
Apple Growing Regions
- Autumn Glory December - March
- Braeburn September - June
- Cameo October - June
- Cripps Pink November - May
- Fuji January - December
- Gala January - December
- Golden Delicious January - December
- Granny Smith January - December
- Honeycrisp October - March
- Jonagold September - June
- Red Delicious January - December